ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    T/C ENCORE 209X50 QUESTIONS ON LOADS & BARREL LENGTHS (PISTOL TOO!)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C ENCORE 209X50 QUESTIONS ON LOADS & BARREL LENGTHS (PISTOL TOO!)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Ok I have two of these SS barrels now and I am wondering what velocitys can I expect with the heavy loads (which are?) Hard cast heavys and maybe sabots??..For close range hogs in these swamps!
Do u guys like the pellets and how many can this baby take..2 or 3?!
Next..how much velocity will I lose if I chop one down to 15" to make a neat woods rifle or Big Pistola?!...I may do a red dot or just iron sights on the shortie in a shoulder rig for backup'
I look forward to all your reply and advice! Thanks!
(Didn't the make a 12ga muzzleloader at one time?)?? If so I want one!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use 120 grains by Volume of Blackhorn 209 (Max Load)using federal 209 primers.I use a 250 grain Hornady SST ,45 caliber with a Sabot for 50 cal.I get 2400FPS + or-. All the other pellets,Triple Seven,Pyrodex will foul your bore allowing you two at the most shots before you have to clean the bore to be able to load it.I have shot up to 15 times with out cleaning using Blackhorn 209.It also gives the highest most uniform velocity and real 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards out of my Encore and TC Omega. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a serious load..like the non fouling too! Thanks!

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys
..but decided to sell all on classifieds and go with a BIGGER HOLE!!!

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Ok safari To be safe load 2 X the caliber as max then add 10 grains with hews paper on ground in front of BBL when you see the paper have burn holes back off 5 grains and if that burns paper back off again till no burn holes show on paper that will be max load for that caliber and that powder + that bullet ! otherwise you might start a forest fire under the right conditions ? Be safe

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote