Find
Notify
Tools

best projectile
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I have a TC Encore .50 SS. Going to hunt elk in CO with it. Need the best non-sabot conical. Iterested in good accuracy! Have had trouble in past getting power-belts to be accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First you might want to go to the .25 acp Ignition.I am going to this type on my Encore.
But you need to check the regulations in Co.
This is a better ignition then the 209 primer.
It cost about $60.00 for the kit. people have had grate results . People have had problems with power Belts and than switched to this ignition and the PB's worked grate.Hows the trigger pull any creep , if you have a hammer extention you need a heavier hammer spring.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Have worked on the trigger and it is good. Have considered the .25 acp adaptation already. Is that really going to make Power belts shoot better? They are really all over the place for me right now!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am averaging 1.25" groups with peep sights at 100 yards with the Hornady 410 gr Great plains bullets. My son and I shoot them out to 300 yards with great accuracy. I am getting 1500 FPS average with our guns. This gives us over 1400 foot pounds of energy at 100 yards. Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Ron:
I am averaging 1.25" groups with peep sights at 100 yards with the Hornady 410 gr Great plains bullets.
Black or substitute? Loose or pellets? Which primer? Do you wipe between shots? My Encore is on again, off again, with Great Plains, Maxi-hunters, and Powerbelts. Any help making it happy all the time will be appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to give in and try a 300 gr .429 in sabots.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Encore is on again, off again, with Great Plains, Maxi-hunters, and Powerbelts. Any help making it happy all the time will be appreciated.

I second this comment. I just can't get mine to shoot consistently!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am using 100 gr of Pyrodex select RS. When i am shooting for groups I shoot three shots no cleaning. After the third shot I clean and shoot another group. I am using a #11 mag cap. I tried the 777 and had no luck at all with it. I have no experience at all with the Encore. What is your load?
Here is my best group.

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your looking for good bullets and loads,go to www.prbullets.com I just bought some and they are great.Lots of info and loading tables ect. vangunsmith

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote