ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    TRIPLE SEVEN vs REAL BP IN REVOLVERS

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TRIPLE SEVEN vs REAL BP IN REVOLVERS
 Login/Join

Picture of New River Valley Outdoorsman
posted
I am running low on FFFg GOEX, and it's simply impossible to find real BP in quantities smaller than 25 pounds here in SW Virginia. Nobody stocks it, I have to mail order it. Howvere, everyone and his uncle seems to have the 777 powder, and I may even be able to get their FFFg grade.

I am NOT happy with Pyrodex P in cap and ball revolvers: I get very long lock times and many misfires. It's great stuff for cartridges but I shun it like the plague for revolvers.

Does anyone have any actual experience with the 777 in revolvers, using the FFFg granulation? I'd buy a can but it's so damned expensive I don't want to if I don't have to, and I don't have to, just yet. I'm looking for actual experience, not second-hand accounts: if you have used this in your BP revolvers and like it/dislike it, please let me know why.

"For that which befalleth the sons of Man befalleth also the beasts; even as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they all have one Breath, so that a man hath no preminence over a beast, for all is Vanity."

Ecclesiastes III:19

Posts: 8 | Location: Blacksburg Virginia | Registered: 05 June 2007Reply With Quote