ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 50.CAL black powder, Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle.Made in Morgan,Utah.Can I get any information about this rifle?

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What speicific information are you seeking? Loading data? Variations (Browning made both a .45- and .50cal.)? Complete address (Route One, Morgan, Utah 84050), but keep in mind, those rifles haven't been produced in at least 15 years.

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If nothing else,you have a very fine B/P Rifle. I am sure that you will enjoy useing it. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info,derf and Paul Brasky!Paul I see you live in Kingston,N.Y.,I live in Wurtsboro,N.Y.What do you say to doing some shooting,when the weather gets nice?RF,CF or skeet?

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RN 64, Funny you should say that as I just returned from our range (Marbletown Sportsmen's Club in Stone Ridge) after doing some informal trap shooting with some friends. Sounds like a good idea to me (I have RF, BP & CF stuff)!

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly when they were made people thought they were too expensive so Browning dropped them. They were very nicely made and after they were discontinued everybody said 'gee I should have bought one'. Is this going to become a Catskill mtn foru m ? I'm in Sullivan Co .

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 45 cal and feel very fortunate to have come across a 54 cal barrel for it as well!

Posts: 903 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote