New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lyman 54 Caliber F S
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wouldn't mind cause I know you haven't had it all that lond and I am looking for a Flinter. 2 things stand in the way however, The US government and the Canadian Government.

Why are you selling 4Tails and for how much. You can PM me if you would rather. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Part it out and ship it in pieces .

FourTails is a good person to deal with ,quick shipping and item as described .

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flinters are supposed to be exempt from registry and the PAL system, BUT Canada Customs have already proved to me that they cannot be trusted.
I am still waiting though to hear from 4tails! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
derf flinlocks are exempt from the federal fire arms regristry laws.

i have imported close to 30 rifles this year both modern centerfire and black powder trust me i know.

i live in ontario.

if you pay for the taxes and the shipping i would be happy to import the rifle for you if you are not shure how. i live in niagara falls i can look out my front window and see the usa from here.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
700, I am also aware of the ruls on Flinters but those boneheads at Canada Customs have burned me before on a value and the taxes involved. That is my only issue, well, besides not having heard from Fourtails! derf

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I've been out hunting. Had a good time but no trophy today. Hopefully before Sunday's close I will have more luck. The price for the .54 caliber muzzzle loader is $350.00 plus S/H. I'm throwing in the extra barrel as a Christmas present to whomever. Mike

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope your hunting went well Mike. As to the flinter, You are now 2 days to lare. My loss I would guess as I now know that the 54 is Custom Shop material. And what was the reason for letting go of your "little jewel"? derf

one of us
posted Hide Post
Derf, I just got back in town a few minutes ago. Have tried to relax, drink a cup of coffee, answer emails and most importantly, check what's happening on AR. Anyway, to answer your question on my Lyman .54 caliber and it being on the chopping block.I'm looking for a .45 caliber or possibly a .32 caliber for playing with. I've got a 7X57, 30.06s, .375, .416 Rigby, a double rifle, a drilling, and other kickers too numerous to mention. The recoil on the .54 ain't bad, especially if loaded with 50 grains of Swiss FFg, but I want something MILD for a change. And I love the flinters even though I got a lesson at the range awhile back when the wind was blowing 20 gusting to 35 MPH. Damn sparks just couldn't find the touch hole. Will my 5/8th inch flints work on a .45 cal or .32 cal? Mike

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote