ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Lock-N-Load Speed Sabot - Caseless Cartridge Cheat

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lock-N-Load Speed Sabot - Caseless Cartridge Cheat
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted
Ok, now that I've got your attention... What DO you think of Hornady's creation? Great stuff? Another way to cheat the muzzleloading limitations?

The ballistics tables shown in their ad give some mighty impressive ballistics. How does the flintlock rifle or smoothbore shooter compete with scoped guns that deliver 1368 fpe at 250 yards? Do you care?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you got a website addy for this product?

Posts: 51 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I looked but it isn't on the Hornady website. I just saw it in some magazine. I take it you like the idea...

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While it's an interesting idea, it won't work as well as pellets and a seperate sabot. Hodgdon's pellets are designed to burn from the outside in and from the inside out. That's what that hole is there for. In other words, it means that the pellets won't burn as efficently as they should. It's a gimick to make money.

Posts: 45 | Location: Perry, IL | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm always interested enough to have a look. I have one modern muzzleloader, a few replicas, and a couple of originals. I remain unconvinced of the superiority of the modern designs except for their weather resistant qualities. You could after all shoot sabots in an original parker hale or rigby target rifle with comparable results.

Posts: 51 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote