ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Re: Traditiond ML bolt design WARNING!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Traditiond ML bolt design WARNING!
 Login/Join

posted
Wolf, Thank you very much with all the information you have provided..I am happy to hear you have had so much fun and success with your knight ..I am pretty much sold and will be picking one up very soon!!! ..It looks like the disc extreme , the one with the sights is $50 cheaper than the elite which just has a plain barrel..Was wondering if the plain barrel rifle for $50 more was a better rifle..Extreme 499.99/ disc elite 549.99 Red Head ..bass pro spring hunting catalogue page 124..The only problem I see is like on the trashditions with the sights on it and a scope mounted very low where I need it, on 1-3 power you can still see the end of the barrel ..On 4 power and up it disappears,,opening up the objective more..I am thinking I might want to go with a little higer mounts or rings..I guess when you mount a scope that low you will have that problem and if I use see through mounts like I have tried in the past then I have to stretch my neck to see through the scope..So I guess what I need is a see through mount that sits so low you can barely see the open sights through it???Hmmmmm..I am going to go look at those ramrods now also..Thanks again Terry

posted Hide Post
Just went and checked out those rods and that is exactly what I am looking for ..I bought one that screwed on my trashditions and you could only use it as a range rod with the t handle because of not being able to use or store it on the gun with the jag attached..Now on your disc extreme which length rod would I need so it doesn't stick out past the barrel?

I imagine yours stores just fine on the gun ....does it have a bullet seater on the end of the rod also??

Thanks again for all your time in answering these questions..Terry

posted Hide Post
Also , traditions received the rifle on 1/12 and I still havent heard anything from them ..They must be really backed up with repairs.?.I was told their turn around time is usually 7-10 days I guess I should hear something this week..who knows.Even though our gun seasons have ended here in Md. I still have a full year to get my new rifle ready..It will be a knight..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It looks like the disc extreme , the one with the sights is $50 cheaper than the elite which just has a plain barrel..Was wondering if the plain barrel rifle for $50 more was a better rifle..Extreme 499.99/ disc elite 549.99 Red Head ..bass pro spring hunting catalogue page 124..

Midsouth Shooters Supply You looked here? Thy're a little cheaper. I'm not sure which model you are interested in though. I have the stainless/thumbhole model. My buddy does get a little better accuracy with his Elite, but mine will shoot sub 1" groups too so it's really not much issue.
Quote:

The only problem I see is like on the trashditions with the sights on it and a scope mounted very low where I need it, on 1-3 power you can still see the end of the barrel ..On 4 power and up it disappears,,opening up the objective more..I am thinking I might want to go with a little higer mounts or rings..I guess when you mount a scope that low you will have that problem and if I use see through mounts like I have tried in the past then I have to stretch my neck to see through the scope..So I guess what I need is a see through mount that sits so low you can barely see the open sights through it???

I use the T/C Maxima Bases and rings(link in long post above). I've not had any POI shift and they are medium rings. I use a 3-9X40 so seeing my open sights isn't a problem.
Quote:

Just went and checked out those rods and that is exactly what I am looking for ..I bought one that screwed on my trashditions and you could only use it as a range rod with the t handle because of not being able to use or store it on the gun with the jag attached..Now on your disc extreme which length rod would I need so it doesn't stick out past the barrel?

on the Knight Elite and Extreme the barrel length is 26". The ramrod length matches the barrel length.
Quote:

I imagine yours stores just fine on the gun ....does it have a bullet seater on the end of the rod also??

It has the standard brass attachemnt included. I have found the tips that come with the CVA powerbelt bullet starter ideal though. It comes with 3 of 3 types of tips. The only style tip that does not fit into the thimbles is the aero/polymer tip one.
Quote:

Thanks again for all your time in answering these questions.

No problem. I am always happy to answer questions.

Posts: 45 | Location: Perry, IL | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote