New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharps Sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm about ready to take the plunge into black powder cartridge shooting. I have a fairliy good handle on the direction I'm heading but am having a hard time with on thing. Sights.

I'm looking for input and reference material/webpages/forums to help me decide which sight and how much to resonably spend. I'd like a rear long rang with about 30moa both ways of windage adjustment and maybe a windage-adjustable front.

Thanks for your help...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to Single Shot Express web site and talk to them you could also try Buffaloe Arms

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgdavid:
I'm about ready to take the plunge into black powder cartridge shooting. I have a fairliy good handle on the direction I'm heading but am having a hard time with on thing. Sights.

I'm looking for input and reference material/webpages/forums to help me decide which sight and how much to resonably spend. I'd like a rear long rang with about 30moa both ways of windage adjustment and maybe a windage-adjustable front.

Thanks for your help...

There are many good sights. But 60 MOA of windage is a bunch I think. Almost certainly not a hunting sight. So, I'd recommend

Montana Vintage Arms They have several sights that may work for you and they are the Gold Standard for rifle sights.

Cheaper but with a very good recommendation are Lee Shaver's sights, particulary his new and improved model. At Lee's webpage The sight on Lee's page is NOT his new sight, which costs more and is probably quite a bit better.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote