Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

traditions in line pistol
 Login/Join

posted
i purchased a traditions in line 50 cal. pistol yesterday and was wondering what wieght of triple f powder should i use ? also , do you think saboted rounds will work ok in it ? i would also like a web address if anyone here knows it , so as to get a manual on it with loading data . thanks , ralphy .

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Web page address
http://www.traditionsmuzzle.com

Email address
Email: info@traditionsfirearms.com

My friend has a Blued 12 1/2" barrel Buckhunter Pro .50 cal. In-Line Pistol, in his manual the Max charge listed for a 50cal is; 80grs BP, or Pyrodex RS, with a Sabot conical. Triple F is hotter than their recomended Max charge it needs to be reduced but I don't know what percent.

Email them with your question and ask for a manual.

Hope this helps

Swede44mag

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hold on Ralphy!

How old is your inline Traditions pistol because I'm not sure about recommending 80 grains powder. Yours may be the older 1-20" twist. In your original thread/post, you mentioned weighted powder. All powders are measured by volume... not weight.

The most recent Traditions Buckhunter pistols have a better (more friendly) 1-28" twist. They like the sabot bullets more-so than the old 1-20 twist. I was shooting 245 Powerbelts and 245 grain Buffalo Ballets in my 1-20" Traditions sidelock pistol with 50-55 grains. That sidelock barrel was the same one used with the early Tradition inlines.

Better be safe than sorry with powder levels. Let us & Traditions.com know what Buckhunter you got... older or newer. Only use around 50 grains until you get more info on what you bought.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote