THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Encore Muzzle Tamer vs Magna Porting

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Muzzle Tamer vs Magna Porting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
Any suggestions on which would be better to control a heavy caliber.

I would think the Magna Porting but I dont have any exp with Encores muzzle tamer.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
enemies see them driven before you and listen to the lamintation of thier women.

I am not quite sure what you mean by TC muzzle tammer. My recipe is a laminated stock with a mercury recoil reducer and a limb saver pad. Works good on 405 WCF and looking forward to using it on a new 375 H & H barrel.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The TC muzzle tamer is more effective than Magna Porting. I have the muzzle tamer on several barrels and it works very well. Magna Porting only reduces muzzle rise and not rearward movement. The Muzzle Tamer is a true muzzle brake and a bargain at $49.99.

I have it on a 375 H&H, 500 S&W and 454 Casull. I wouldn't want to shoot them without it!!!

KDM Custom Bullets

Posts: 61 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with a Magna Ported gun. I can say, however, that the T/C Muzzel Tamer is effective and compared with other muzzel brakes is a bargain. The barrels I've shot equipped with Muzzel Tamers include 7mm Rem. Mag, 30/30 Win., 460 S&W Mag. and 500 S&W Mag.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I have a 375 H&H with a muzzle brake on it - Big mistake - wish i had never done it.

It is too loud to hunt with unless you wear ear plugs.

One shot and you won't hear for 15 minutes! BOOM

I'm contemplating having it cut off and recrowned.

I would suggest you don't get either unless you just shoot targets or get a brake with an on-off switch

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a TC MT on a 15" Encore 454 casull pistol barrel , it's worthless and noisey .On short barrels I'd go to a muzzle brake made by Score High Gunsmithing since I had one added to a 15" encore pistol barrel in 30-06 and it tamed it down to a 243. http://www.scorehighgunsmithing.com