New
Find
Notify
Tools

New #1 chambering
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rumor has it that Ruger is going to catalogue a #1 in .405 Winchester, both blued and stainless. Very very interesting.

Posts: 148 | Location: Currently located in Southern New Mexico | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You better know that I would get one, hell I've even talked to a couple of smiths about this conversion. I think it's a great idea. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh, man, that would be excellent. What a natural pairing. I wonder what the barrel land and groove diameter would be.

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sounds cool....only i thought the next cartridge they (Ruger) were going to chamber for was the .458 Lott

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
What's it good for?

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken, they are going to offer the Lott as well. The .405 will be good for anything in North America. Should be able to get some good velocities with 300gr bullets from a #1

[ 11-26-2002, 19:30: Message edited by: AKBman ]

Posts: 148 | Location: Currently located in Southern New Mexico | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I welcome ANY new chambering, if it is in addition to those already available! I DON'T think I would have asked for a .405, but it should be fun, particularly if they give it a twist fast enough for bullets heavier than 300 grains.... Now, when will Ruger give us a 1A in .22 LR, .22 Hornet, and/or .218 Bee??

posted Hide Post
eldeguello: They already have given us a No. 1 in hornet and in .218 bee. [Cool]

Posts: 15 | Location: Rockbridge County, Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of months ago I saw a Ruger 1A in 22LR, and a number 3 375 Winchester that hand been comverted to 375 H&H. Both in the $600+ range. This was the Saxet Gun show in Austin Texas.