New
Find
Notify
Tools

450/400 Ruger #1
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any word on when the rifle will be available?

Posts: 146 | Location: CA. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like an answer to that question also ..... I've had a 9.3 AND the 450/400 on an order wish list for a LONG time now. I'm pretty fed up with Ruger's marketing methods; if you can't produce, DON'T ADVERTISE !!!!!!!!!

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Have you spoken with Ruger factory people?? Have always found them to be very basic in their answers, perhaps not what we want to hear all the time, but they will tell you the facts as they know them at that time. Dealers often rely on the distributor's answers and those are at times slanted. Free call and usually answer fairly quickly via customer service group. Just a suggestion.

one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
Did Ruger bring out the .450/.400 at the SHOT show?

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, it wasn't at the SHOT show. I talked to a Ruger rep there and he said he expected it to be available this summer (2007).

Posts: 202 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Davidsons isn't listing them yet...

It will be a sweet gun - I just don't look forward to the cost of the brass...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if the availability of the ruger gold label shotgun from the time it was "introduced" is any guide - you will have a 2 year wait.

this is a standard ruger tactic

and at ruger " nobody don't know nuttin "

strange way to run a company, very strange

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I have to check with my buddy, I believe he told me that he saw and played with the 9.3x74R and the 450/400. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talked to Ruger today and asked about the 450/400. They stated April 2007 is the target date for production.

Posts: 146 | Location: CA. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote