New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crickett Rifle
 Login/Join

<Rezdog>
posted
I guess this thread could go under small bores and rimfires as well. I just picked up a Crickett kid's rifle (.22 rf, 2 1/2 lbs, 16 1/8" bbl, 30" loa, blue metal with a black plastic stock). Now this is one cool little rifle -- so ultra small and compact yet not so small it can't be shot effectively by an adult (length of pull is just over 11"). It has an ingenious and quick to use safety lock (which I'll eventually remove) and the slightest tough will lock it so I carry a key at all times. This rifle would be even better in .22 Hornet, .221 Fireball, .218 Bee, etc, as a trail rifle. Anyone else have any experience with this little beauty?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Reddog i have one of the early versions and thats what i started my neice and nephew on they are great starter rifles and quite accurate.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Dave, they are indeed accurate. Mine came sighted in for CCI Stingers (i.e. it was shooting standard velocity ammo high) so didn't have to make any adjustments. Although I have six grandchildren, and they were in the back of my mind when I made the purchase, I really got the rifle for myself!

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Sounds pretty neat, do you have a link? I got 2 chipmunk rifles for my niece and nephew and it sounds like a similar thing. The Chipmunks have a walnut stock and no safety, you pull the cocking knob to cock it every time. Nothing to have to lock or unlock. Nice guns, and they make it in 22 mag too, but I really don't see a need for that, the muzzle blast would be kinda stiff.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Their website (which isn't a very good one) is
www.crickett.com.

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
How much do they cost? I got the chipmunks at Bass Pro for $129@

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Mine was priced at $99.96 at Wal-Mart. Don't recall the tax. Couldn't pass it up. Now I'm looking for one in stainless. I think they're missing a sure thing by not chambering for the smaller .22 centerfires.

one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen of the two I would say they are the same.great kids guns.But I have a confession to make I had it set up with a 2x scope and sighted it in with CB's, there isn't a finer rat shooting gun going [Big Grin]

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rezdog - it appears that the company that markets the Cricket rifle has found a way to remind us there is still a bit of kid left in older folks, too. I am thinking about buying one for my great-grandson

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
MrUREasy -- Good luck. Once you get it in your hands you'll have to buy another for your grandson!