THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Help me please...Where can I find oval escutcheons for forends??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me please...Where can I find oval escutcheons for forends??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted
Hey guys,
I need some help. Where can I find an oval escutcheon for a forend?? Talley used to make them and sell them through Brownells but they no longer do so. I have had them made but would prefer to find a source to buy them. Does anyone know of a source?

They are not to be found at Brownells, Meacham tool, Midway, Gun parts corp., NECG, Galizan, Talley manufacturing or Jedadiah starr.

I've talked with several other custom makers and no one knows where to get this simple part.

It's just a fancy "washer". British single shots used them a lot as did other single shots to hold their forends on.

I'd like to find ones for the forends and others to use under the rear sling swivel stud.

They need to be steel to take engraving and rust bluing.

If I cannot find them, I'll have them made but.......... Any help??

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker
Curious about who Jesus is? Click hereChristianity-or- contact me

Posts: 485 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Trez,
Try Dixie Gunworks, I think they had them for muzzleloaders.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I checked it out and they only have them in brass and silver. I need to have them in steel, thick enough to shape to the stock surface with the screw countersunk into it.

The little tab that holds the forend onto the top gun in this picture is what I am looking for. When I stocked this gun, I couldn't find one, this one was made with a file. NO FUN!

None at Dixie Gunworks either Frowner

Thanks for the try, any other thoughts?

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Track of the Wolf, last number I had was 763-633-2500

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Trez---
If it`s the part that you cut the dovetail in the barrel for--Jack First in N [or S] Dakota. SPENDY at about 15.00 [without the screw but if you need them???

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will find them on line at Track
www.trackofthewolf.com

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to find these in steel at the track of the wolf site. They do have a large stock of parts so I my be overlooking them.

Bohica,
I'm looking for the part that attached to the dovetailed part using the screw. It sets on the outside of the stock.

These are usually about 3/16" thick with a round section attached ot the bottom so that a machine screw can be countersunk into them and they can be filed to the shape of the stock.

Do you happen to have a # for Jack First so that I can ask?

Thanks

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trez,
I don't know how you are missing them but try
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(czjmq4ycd1crag45iutca3...&PARTNUM=IN-OVAL-1-I

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(czjmq4ycd1crag45iutca3...&PARTNUM=IN-OVAL-3-I

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(czjmq4ycd1crag45iutca3...&PARTNUM=IN-OVAL-4-I

That's just a few of them. They also come slotted, drilled for screws, various other oval shapes, etc.

Start here http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(czjmq4ycd1crag45iutca3...atList.aspx?catID=14

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote