posted
Anybody tried/use this trigger?

http://www.eabco.net/Ruger-Num...t-Black_p_15061.html

Good, bad, ugly ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
I installed one in a recently bought No. 1 in 6.5 Creedmoor. In short, I'm happy with it. I ordered the 2.5 pound version and it's not any heavier than that. Crisp as well.

Installation was a little tricky but it would be easier now that I've done one of them. I think it's important to make sure the bearing surfaces on the hammer are polished and free of tool marks, while keeping all the surfaces square as they are supposed to be. The instructions are decent but leave out a few things. Do you have experience disassembling a No. 1? If not, that's a little frustrating at first.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those a good triggers. A good gunsmith can polish up a No 1 trigger also without having to replace it.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I installed one. Good.

I needed to do some grinding of the end that contacts the safety.

Posts: 53 | Location: Olympia, WA, USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan D:
I installed one. Good.

I needed to do some grinding of the end that contacts the safety.

I had to do that on mine.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good smith can just polish out a Ruger factory trigger..I had one done by Jack Belk and another by Dennis Olson some years back and they both came back with 2.5 and 2.25 lb. triggers that never failed me..both were on varmint bull barrel Ruger no. 1s..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41897 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote