THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    .17 HMR, etc. / anyone want to trade?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17 HMR, etc. / anyone want to trade?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
Well, the itch for something new has hit -- and I have tired of the little .17 HMR. I have a Marlin 17V (blue finish, 22" bull barrel and walnut stock). It has been relatively pampered but does show normal handling. It has seen around 400 rounds through the barrel and consistently puts 5 shots inside of an inch at 100 yards. It is currently fitted with a Leupold M8-6x compact, which may or may not be part of the trade (cash could go either way also depending on the particulars). I may even have a spare Contender frame that I'd consider trading -- again, depending on the situation.

What I am looking for is a Contender carbine/rifle-length barrel (but not a TC factory barrel), preferably at least 22" but may consider a shorter length. I am particularly interested in the smaller centerfire calibers from the Hornet (may consider .17s) up to and including the smaller 6mms. I'd also be interested in a buttstock, forend, dies, brass, etc.

I may possible even consider an Encore barrel...

You can e-mail me directly at btomek@gvec.net or simply post here. Please don't use the forum's PM feature as I often forget to check it.

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote