THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Bingo, a grand single shot purchased

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bingo, a grand single shot purchased
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I stumbled into a deal of the century..

A Ruger #1-A (fwt) at a unbelievable price. so I bought it, its been hunted but its clean. its it a 270 WCF and I figured it might shoot into 3"s at 100, so I cleaneed it up and to the range..

130 gr. midway seconds bullet and RL-22 shot 3 shots into one small hole and I mean small so small I couldnt really measure it, so I shot 3 silvertip loads on top of that and the group held, the next 3 with Hornady bullets openned the total to 1.1"s best I can tell..

Imm going to try my dead level best to keep this gun, and it fits my saddle scabbard!!! dancing

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41870 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ray, we all deserve a break in the "rifle roulette" once in a while. Well done!

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now if I can overcome my addiction of selling a gun, after I play or hunt with it a few times!! I will try my best on this one, time will tell.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41870 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the opposite problem. I love to buy guns, but can't bring myself to sell one.

Posts: 6141 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the addiction that Ray has.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imm going to try my dead level best to keep this gun, and it fits my saddle scabbard!!!

For sale in one two --

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Another who suffers acutely from "Atkinson Syndrome" ... rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16416 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the opposite problem. I love to buy guns, but can't bring myself to sell one.

+1 tu2

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Watch this.

"Hey Ray. I will trade you my Krag plus some cash for your .270."

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I also stumbled into one of those once in a blue moon deals on a Ruger No.1 A in 270 Win

But mine loves the 110 grain Barnes TTSX

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow, Frank, you have an antelope laser on your hands. Have you used that load on game? If so, how did the little 110-grain Barnes perform?
Mr. Loudenboomer, you cracked me up, sir.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16416 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
Watch this.

"Hey Ray. I will trade you my Krag plus some cash for your .270."

I don't have a 270 yet...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14387 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
A No.1 was on my “want one” list from a young age. When I decided to hang out my shingle in the firearms business and got my first FFL the very first gun I logged in, and quickly transferred to myself, was a No. 1 in .270 Winchester. It still gets some honest use out in the field.

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very nice buck taken with a very nice rifle, Steve. Cool

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Wow, Frank, you have an antelope laser on your hands. Have you used that load on game? If so, how did the little 110-grain Barnes perform?
Mr. Loudenboomer, you cracked me up, sir.

Bullet performance at 450 yards was perfect.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shame on those scoundrels preying on my sickness, I locked the 270 in the vault and carefully placed the combination someplace where I will surely forgot it, easy at my age!! so it will never leave home..

Loud n boomer,
Er a the Krag and how much money before I hide the key? jumping

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120