THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Ruger #1, no 1-B rifles for 2011

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1, no 1-B rifles for 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted
For the year 2011, Ruger doesn´t offer the Ruger #1-B rifle.
http://www.ruger.com/products/no1/index.html
But you can get 3 different 6,5Creedmore rifles and the .308Win is reintroduced. This year there´s no offer for a stainless version and the .458Lott come back in the tropical.
Three chamberings are very interesting vor me. The 6,5Creedmore in the varmint, the .308Win and the .303British in the light sporter.

And, it´s not a single shot, but, Ruger offers the Hawkeye Afrikan in 9,3x62.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 26" barreled .300H&H has my complete attention!

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 22 inch barrel on the .300 Winchester magnum makes me go WTF??
But the 9.3x74R and .303 British make me very happy, I may finaly be able to set aside my Parker Hale Lee Enfield that has served me for a lifetime.
Cheers

------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Facebook account today.

Posts: 39 | Location: Canada, Alberta | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, no more #1s in 204 Ruger. Makes me wonder.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turtlewolf:
The 22 inch barrel on the .300 Winchester magnum makes me go WTF??

+1

Winchester have added the 25/06 to their lineup with 22in tubes in the featherweight. I'd like to know the reasoning behind it but I don't think there is any. Roll Eyes

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Liking the .308 1A!

May need to pair it with my .300 H&H.

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always hated the 1-B anyway. A farquharsen syle rifle without open sights just seems awful to me. I have a boddington 300H&H and love it. The short barreled 300 win seems strange. I wish all the 1-S and 1-A models came with 26" barrels.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

A friend of mine has had a .204 Ruger No.1 for years and loves it like no other.
Cheers

------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Facebook account today.

Posts: 39 | Location: Canada, Alberta | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between a #1 and a #1B?

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the difference between a #1 and a #1B?

The Ruger single shot rifle is named "No. 1". But there´re different models.
The light sporter is the #1-A, the medium sporter is the #1-S, the tropical #1-H, the international is the #1-RSI and the varmint is #1-V. The #1-B was the standard rifle, without open sights and an 26" standard barrel.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The most visible difference is that the B had the same standard, rounded fore-end as the varmint. The others have the classic Henry schnabelesque fore-end tip. The B also had no iron sights.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you look at some of the internet order sites, such as Gun Genie, you may find why some such as the .204 are dropped. A lot of the larger calibers in blued configuration stay on allocation. However, there are always tons of stainless models, and, at least at the end of the year, there were stockpiles of 204's of every persuasion at deeply discounted special pricing.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CDNN has No.1-B's in 204 at verrry cheap prices right now, if you are looking for one.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pls let me know if anyone sees a 1-A in 22 Hornet for sale. thank you

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a rare one. I just saw one on G-broker for $1500.00. The 1-B's in hornet are a lot more common.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for explaining the different #1 models.

What is the difference between the #1 and the #3?

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, its way over-priced... I plan on converting it to a wildcat so the short barrel and open sights don't help me at all.

quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
That's a rare one. I just saw one on G-broker for $1500.00. The 1-B's in hornet are a lot more common.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eurocentric:
Thanks, its way over-priced... I plan on converting it to a wildcat so the short barrel and open sights don't help me at all.

All of the 1-A models have short barrels and open sights. If you are wanting a longer barrel and no open sights, then go with the hornet in the 1-B. They have a 26 inch sporter contour barrel with no open sights. They made quite a few of them, and you can find them in the $800 to $900 range these days. I like the 1-S in 218 bee. 26" barrel with open sights. Good luck with your project. Smiler

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:

The #3 have had the nearly same #1 action. But with an High Wall style lever. The #3 was only produced with an 22" barrel as carbine, chambered only for a few rounds. .22Hornet, .223Rem, .30-40Krag, .375Win, .44RemMag and .45-70. It was an light rifle with ~6 lbs. Nearly 30000 rifles were produced.

Martin

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I had been planning to get a #1B in .204 Ruger later in the year, but after reading this topic, I bought one yesterday off Gun Genie locally for $928. It's getting a glass put on it now.

Member:

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for explaining the different #1 models.

Sometimes pictures help.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the value of an unfired 1S in 218 Bee?

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by albertacoyote:
Anyone know the value of an unfired 1S in 218 Bee?

Greg

I do not mean to sound facetious but whatever someone will pay for it. No offers and it is worthless.

I have one and will never part with it. Most accurate rifle I own and very quiet. 46HP's do 3K in the strong No.1 action.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
jwm; Posted 21 January 2011 18:39

John

+1

John, I've had one on order for a month.

Posts: 144 | Location: East MS | Registered: 12 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:

John

That is a #1S

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I am set I have 9 of them!

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 26-inch #1S in either .300H&H or, better still, .303British would be perfect for me. I like that long-barrel/short-fore-end look on the #1, and IMHO the Alexander Henry schnabel is perfect on these rifles.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Today, I visited the IWA, and saw two .303 Ruger #1 rifles. Very nice and if I would have the money, I would buy one for fun.

Martin

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

That in my opinion is a darned shame! But on the other hand, I've got mine so what the heck.

(Don't know why this subject makes me want to swear like that!)

I call my rifle the hammer from hell! Almost scarely to fire factory ammo in it.

Thing is with these puppies, if you see something you like, you better move on it!

flame

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had (and a friend still has) a 1B in 204. Mine didn't (and his doesn't) shoot all that well. Accuracy was/is average at best. I do have a 1B in 218 and an early Hornet (now a K), both shoot quite well.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Really? I got my 1B in .204R and am working up loads in 32gr, 39gr, and 40gr ballistic tips from Nosler and Hornady.

I just chronographed the 32gr Noslers using 27.3gr of 8208 and got 4100fps average. I hope to get it to the range again next week and report back here on accuracy w/ this bullet. If it doesn't do well w/ this powder I'll have to try it w/ some others.

I am not convinced 8208 is the magic powder others rave about so much. Yesterday, I shot some 55gr Vmax loads thru my 22-250 using 8208, Varget, and IMR4064. 8208 did poorly, Varget did ok, and 4064 (my reference powder for this rifle) did outstanding.

Member: