Find
Notify
Tools

Base for Rossi matched pair??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted
I purchased a matched pair rifle/shotgun combo for my kids to use and practice with in .22/20 guage. As I sit here and look at it, I'm thinking it would be cool to mount a rimfire scope onto the 22 barrel. Anybody ever tried this? I went out to the Rossi web page but didn't see anything listed there under accessories. A call to my local dealer also turned up no base in stock, though he would check into ordering one if he came across something.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of rjrobb
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, use the T/C Contender base, Weaver 92A. I got my son one of these sets and I couldn't find anything on a base application. I was going to redrill the 92A to fit, but it fits perfectly.

I used a 2-6 compact on my sons and it is a hoot to shoot with the scope.

Joe

Posts: 411 | Location: CO | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Joe, thanks for the lead. I'll pick one up when next I visit the gun store.

We were at the range this weekend and while he was doing all right with the iron sights, I know the scope would give him more confidence and help. Appreciate it!

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Joe, thanks again for the lead. I picked up a base and grabbed and old bushnell scope I had laying around to mount. I did have to get EXTRA high rings as there wasn't enough space between the scope and hammer for me to comfortably cock. All in all, it looks great. Can't wait for the next range outing to see how he does.

one of us
Picture of rjrobb
posted Hide Post
Great!! Now get out and enjoy that firearm with the kiddo!

I tried to contact Rossi about getting my son the 17HMR barrel and they said it wasn't available that way....yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they wake up and realize that a lot of folks out there would like to purchase extra barrels for their, ummmm, kids, to play with.

Joe

Posts: 411 | Location: CO | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also have a matched pair, but in .22/12. The 12 guage is fun to shoot, and the rifle shoots dead on. It was hard for me to shoot with this gun in the beginning,as the sights are very wide and your eye relief must be perfect or you will see 2 rear sights. I'm putting a scope on it, and I wondered what size or type of rings to use. This sight is so full of useful information.

Hey, I just went to the Rossi website and under rifle and muzzleloader accesories, they had a scope base.
Rossi Scope Base

-

[ 07-23-2003, 20:12: Message edited by: dukhuntnmachine ]

Posts: 7 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
First range trip post scope addition was a success. Within a few rounds, we had it in the circle at 25 yds. He (and I) had a great time plinking with it. A few more trips and we'll be ready for some quiet time in the woods shooting bushytails!