The Accurate Reloading Forums
New Encore barrel came yesterday

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9421043/m/583105501

19 February 2003, 03:11
LoneEagle
New Encore barrel came yesterday
Well, it really didn't take to long (I think I ordered the 2nd week of Dec). But the waiting sucks. Now I have to wait for at least half way decent weather (snowing now) to take this new barrel out and test it out.
Oh yeah, the new barrel is a 20" heavy taper 350 Rem Mag from Fox Ridge. Sean
20 February 2003, 05:31
Mark G
Sounds cool. I have a 24" heavy barrel in .338win mag on order with Fox ridge as well. Should be in late march. The 26" 270win they made for me is as accurate as any I have seen. [Cool]
20 February 2003, 07:01
Dave Jenkins
LoneE, That sounds like it will be a real nice setup. Let us know how she shoots. I hope you got plenty of eye relief... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
20 February 2003, 18:36
LoneEagle
I wanted a companion to my .250 Sav barrel (16 1/4" Heavy taper from Fox Ridge) with a bigger hole in the muzzle. I kicked the .350 and the Whelen back and forth. When Remington announced that they were going to start loading for the .350 again that sealed it. I figured if I can get the same performance from a shorter cartridge then I get a little more actual barrel. I know it ain't much but what the heck right?

Dave,
The scope issue is actually my biggest problem right now. I really would like to see one of those new Bushnell Firefly scopes in the 1.5-4.5x (I think that is the correct power range?). My other thought is to take the Leupold off my '06, I don't use the '06 anymore but it is nice to know it is all set up and ready to go if I do need it, you know? Sean
21 February 2003, 13:38
Paul H
Let us know how it shoots. I'm going to build a 350 rem mag on the Montanna 99 short action I ordered, likely a 21" tube.

As far as a scope, I'm really fond of the Leupold 2.5X compact with a premier reticles 4a reticle. It is light, compact, solid, 5" of eye relief, and has proved suprisingly bright at dusk.
21 February 2003, 15:14
Dave Jenkins
LE, Yep I know what you mean about messing with a good setup. The 350 rem mag has always interested me as a Black Bear round....and I have been wanting to try the FR/TC Custom shop. Please let me know how it shoots. Check Natchez SS or D&R Sports for the Firefly.
Good Luck
22 February 2003, 17:34
LoneEagle
Just some FYI I put the new barrel on the frame and with base but sans scope this rig weighed just a hair over 5 lbs. Sean