New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 Eley #1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys, I have a Macnaughton falling block rook rifle in this caliber and having a real hard time finding out info regarding the cartridge ,anyone have anything on this ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to municion.org. Scroll down, there is a picture of a cartridge with a head stamp of ELEY·LONDON ·450 · Nº1 ·.

https://municion.org/producto/450-n1-bland/

Jim

Posts: 546 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the http://old.municion.org/ there is a rifle cartridge .450 Nº 1 Rifle "ELEY LONDON 450 Nº1".

Jim

Posts: 546 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Here's a bit from Hoyem's "History and Development of Small Arms Ammunition" vol 3:

Both boxes are Eley produced.

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
And a page from the 1925 eley/Kynoch/ICI ammo catalog with the 450 No.1 Rifle entry:

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed olin the right direction thanks !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a unopened package of W/R .450 #1 1 1/2 in my collection, don't know how to post pic's but could e-mail if somebody wanted to post.
m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would ve great to see,unfortunately I'm not savvy with pictures either

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
m4220, I have sent you a PM

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the rifle too!!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
I'd like to see the rifle too!!

She's in pieces undergoing a long restoration, I've contacted Johnathan Kirton and he feels it may be the only one like like it