New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cure for a Lousy Day
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Why is it at the end of the evening and you put the kids to bed, and can finally relax, but it is hard:

Why does putting in a DVD of Quigley Down Under in the DVD and watching it on the old TV put you in such a better mood.

What is the " feel good" feeling that a Sharps rifle with a 34 inch barrel, give you?

Why is this so therapeutic? I am a bolt guy, but nothing much makes me feel as good as that movie, except maybe Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis.

Must be the desire to be able to put a 540 grain bullet thru someone's head who needs it at 900 yrds.

Or be able to take 2 45 ACPs and blast some asshole who needs it about 50 times before his body hits the ground?

therapeutic tho, isn't it??

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Hell Seafire, I sit in the lounge watching Quigley with my Sharps across my lap; sure is a cure for an itchy trigger finger when you can actually touch the trigger.

After 8 or 9 replays, I switch to Zulu and put on my pith helmet and caress the 577/450 Martini.

Got a cuff over the pith when the wife suggested I come to bed and cuddle something else and I said that I was doin just fine thanks!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Back in the 50's & early 60's when TV westerns were popular, guys would stand in front of their TV's and practice quick draws with Colt SAA's, like Matt Dillon or Wyatt Earp!

[ 07-01-2003, 23:04: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Back in the 50's & early 60's when TV westerns were popular, guys would stand in front of their TV's and practice quick draws with Colt SAA's, like Matt Dillon or Wyatt Earp!

HAHA that brings back some memories. I was a wee lad in the 60s but I can remember my dad standing in front of the mirror practicing his quick draw. We never missed a GunSmoke show and us kids would relive the current weeks episode with our cap guns and stick rifles
Those were the good ol' days

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can see my thoughts are in good company,
thanks for the responses Gentlemen!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,
After reading this thread a couple days ago I just had to watch those movies again. New Mitsubishi Big Screen this time and on DVD.
Bruce does wield those 1911's very well doesn't he ? And Tom Selleck is one of the "Good Guys" on screen as well as off screen.
I just didn't buy Tom Hanks as a bad guy toting a Thompson in The Road to Perdition,though in Saving Private Ryan he was definatly in the "Zone". The Wild Bunch is a favorite also.
Steven Seagal also knows his way when holding a 1911 and when he teamed up with Erika Elaniak --oh my,,,I loved the scene in Under Siege when she popped out of the cake and showed her Assets..
45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
What about Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver: "YOU TALKIN' TO ME ?!" [Eek!]

Or Charles Bronson to Jack Elam, Once Upon A Time In The West: "You brought two too many." [Frown]

[ 07-08-2003, 22:21: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45 Nut:

yeah I am not much into big screen tvs, but never thought how cool Last Man Standing or Quigley Down Under would be on a big screen!

And how did I pass up Steven Segal's stuff.

Yeah Erika was cute, popping out of the cake, but those assets are courtesy of a plastic surgeon.

However in the Beverly HillBillies she did look awful dam good in the long black dress at Uncle Jed's birthday party. that would have looked good on the old big screen then!!!

Stay cool over there in Prineville for me. Give Les Schwab greetings from Grants Pass!!