Notify
Tools

Scope for #1
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted
You guys posted so much #1 stuff and I only had
1 and looked lonely so I made a swap and got another #1 in 22-250 to keep the Lott from being alone with all those bolt guns. Big Grin.
I have never owned a small centerfire so what scope do ya'll like oo this.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good place to start is with Leupold.
For a 22/250 I would take a look at the 4.5x14. I would want one with target knobs, or maybe even a 6.5x20.
I have shot a few prairie dogs over the years with a 223. I use a fixed 8x scope and sometimes wished I had a little more power. I have shot prairie dogs as far away as 420 yards, but sometimes it is hard to spot them. Also that is really stretching a 223. My rifles are skinny barreled, and used for turkey here in TX too.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I have 3 No 1s's and Browning 78. all 4 have Leupolds 3- 3x9 and 1- 4x12. The 4x12 is on a .220 swift No.1V.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Y my n.1 hat one Swaroski 3-12x56 a make hunt in Europe. Is a very good optic from all hunt, roe, red deer ad more.

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote