Notify
Tools

Re-Rifling a Barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted
posted 27 December 2013 03:05

I have a Rem /Hepburn barrel 30" Tapered Octagon Some person Drilled it out and it is now +- .425 I.D. Somewhere in my past I remember a man in Northern Montana who Rifled barrels , any help greatly appreciated !
Concho

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
Redman's ?

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Try Clearwater/Delta. They bought out Cliff LaBounty's shop when he retired.

http://www.deltagunshop.com/custom_shop/index.html

Posts: 1467 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are lots of smiths that do rebores, I've used JES and Oregunsmithing. JES does .35 and up, Wayne at Oregunsmithing does up to .50, he also does liners which may be what the original owner had in mind when he did the .425" bore.

http://www.35caliber.com/2.html

http://www.oregunsmithingllc.c...ing-MuzzleBrake.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
The barrel is .700 at muzzle , to small for a .50 also the barrel is 30" Redmans don't do 30" ! My mistake I should have added that info .
Brownells directed me to track of the wolf for any length I desire ? But Thanks to the homeland security they no longer carry liners .
I will contact the URL's you fellows posted . Thanks for the help very much appreciated !

Don't take the chip !

one of us
posted Hide Post
I suppose it depends on barrel steel, but Wayne at Oregunsmithing has done a 50AK on an H&R BC Carbine with a .700" muzzle, but it has a 4140 alloy barrel.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Concho42:
Brownells directed me to track of the wolf for any length I desire ? But Thanks to the homeland security they no longer carry liners .

This is news to me, could someone elaborate on this matter?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14610 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like they're available, just not for export.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/.../637/1/LINER-44-40-A

One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
They carry liners and ship to any of the 50 states but due to the added expense and permitting by DHS they no longer can afford to export from the USA.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are thinking of Norm Johnson in Turtle Lake, N Dakota.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Pauls Thank you I am a fast reader and missed the export word and I am very grate full for your and all of the members help . Looks like a 38/55 will do the job . concho

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norm is the man. He has rebored two 30" highwalls for me and also does relining.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I wrote to Norm But No reply yet

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Track of the Wolf liners are manufactured by T.J.'s liners. They are available direct from T.J.'s for more than a dollar an inch less than TOTW's price.

T.J.'s does not have a web page, but can be reached by phone at (859) 635-5560. Good folks to deal with and a quality product. Don't waste your money on Redman's liners.

Jim H.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted Norm's information, to include his phone # on your other query.

He is in his seventies...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
quote:
(859) 635-5560.

Thank you I have it , fellows Thank you very much .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late to this party, but I want to point out that TJ makes these liners in very long lengths, like about 8 feet, and cuts them to length. So I am sure that he can handle a 30" liner.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote