THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Falling Block Works actions... (Pictures added)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Falling Block Works actions... (Pictures added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Model L barreled in 600 nitro many years ago by Clayton nelson. This action will handle a 600 nitro will no problem. It is very strong and well made. My rifle came in around 13#. On mine, I have to put the hammer on full cock to chamber a round and then lower it to half cock, probably not an ideal situation, but no issue if you are careful. The action was big enough and Clayton did not have to do any machine work on the action itself to accomodate the cartridge. Recoil is quite manageable but it definitely pushes a bit.I use a 900 gr. Woodleigh soft point or a solid.I had quite a bit of IMR 3031 powder on hand and used 110 gr of it with 4gr of Unique over the primer and cardboard wads and Federal 215 primers. I;ve shot around 200 rounds or so over the years and have been very pleased with the Model L action.I think that you will be quite happy with your rifle.