THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Odd chamberings for a factory #1

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd chamberings for a factory #1
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all

I have been checking the Ruger factory site and looking at the list of chamberings available for a #1 and have a couple of questions.

I have seen posts lately of factory #1s in 7-08 and of a .405 winchester.

The 7-08 has never been a published chamber for a #1 that I know of. I could be mistaken though.

Is the .405 just a short run of rifles that will never make the web site?

Thanks

Jim

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Sometimes jobbers or big dealers commission special runs.

If you see a No. 1 in 9.3x74R, you let me know, ok? [Wink]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 7mm-08 was a 1 of 500 special issue. wunbe

Posts: 51 | Location: Reston VA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger is one of the companies where what has been cataloged means absolutely nothing as far as what many things they actually made at one time. I have seen some very strange/interesting chamberings and configurations that were 100% done in the Ruger factory. Maybe when they get free time, they let their imaginations run wild.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you ever seen a 38-55 (with a .3795 bore!) like mine? [Smile]

Posts: 73 | Location: Huron, Tn | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim B.
Bought my #1KB1 stainless 7mm08 @ Simmons Sporting in Bessemer Al. If there were only 500 made, then Simmons had 10 of them. Mine was purchased last week. They should still have some in stock.

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I believe I saw an add for No. 1A's in .30/40 Krag several years back....

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
HH - yes, at one point I owned both a No.1-S in .38/55 like yours and another in .300 H&H. Chronic idiocy made me part with both. Dang.

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I did not realize that the 7mm/08 stainless was so unusual; I should probably then latch onto the one sitting on a local dealer's shelf. And I'm sorry to hear about someone parting with a .300 H&H, since I really need one of those. The few I have seen for sale have been rather pricey. My consolation is that I was fortunate enough to acquire what to my knowledge would be about THE most unusual factory chambering: .404.

posted Hide Post
How much $ was that 7mm-08 at Simmons in Bessemer,AL

Posts: 16 | Location: Toney, AL | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ah, another satisfied simmons customer. i work three blocks from the simmons store. nice outfit for a small alabama town. it's a stocking dealer for many name-brand firearms. very nice folks.

Posts: 298 | Location: birmingham, alabama | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paid $659.00

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I called down there yesterday and they were out. They said it was a limited run and they can get no more.

It seems Ruger #1 have a lot of "limited" runs. [Confused]

Posts: 16 | Location: Toney, AL | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thunderball: There was a place in Washington that had one a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the name, but their phone # was, 253-572-6417. Talk to Debbie or Mike. Hope this helps.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I know where one is right now. Try drinkwat1@earthlink.com. It is in the same price range, NIB. It is a 1 of 500 production run. Good luck. 1B

Posts: 51 | Location: Reston VA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote