New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hall falling block action
 Login/Join

<Timberghost>
posted
I am considering one of these actions to build a .450 Ackley Mag. I found one NIB that has a single digit serial number for $1500. Is this a good price? The action is "way cool" and appears to be very well built. I am wanting to build a super-nice falling block to pass on to my son when I no longer need it. Any opinions on this action?
Thanks, Timberghost

posted Hide Post
Sure looks like to good price to me. Check out www.hallmfg.com. Mr. Hall prices these at $2200 new. I haven't actually seen one myself, but I will be it is a masterpiece!

Posts: 17 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 12 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd suggest the Dakota. I've dealt with both, and in my opinion the Dakota is the better of the two.

Nothing against Hall, but if you are still deciding, check out the Dakota too.

Posts: 136 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Timberghost>
posted
VVJeff,
Can you expound on your thoughts as to why the Dakota is better? I have heard that they are very well built and I assume that they are less money too? Also, I am left handed [Frown] and the "under-lever" of the Dakota would be handier than the Hall's side-lever for me. I have no preconceived opinions of either action. My experience in falling blocks is limited to Ruger #1's and Sharps.
Thanks for any and all input.