New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger #1 475 turnbull??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone rechamber a ruger #1 475L/480 to 475 turnbull? seems like it would be a great match.Is the brass easy to come by for the turnbull?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just an opinion, but it would be as easy to chamber it in 470 NE. It's pretty easy to download them to the 475 power levels. I am prejudiced, I own a Searcy DR in 470NE.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
.470NE in a Ruger #1 medium sporter with 22" barrel?
Autsch! Roll Eyes

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger uses pins to hold the quarter rib on and depending on how deep they go into the barrel, you may, or may not, have enough barrel thickness over the chamber area to rechamber to either of those cartridges. Just something to consider.

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt the twist rate of the rifling will do you any favors either.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am the ASS/U/ME party of the first part. I assumed they would just use the same twist as they do in the 1H in 470NE. IIRC, they did/do offer them in that caliber.

mea culpa...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote