Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Encore
 Login/Join

posted
I picked up my new Encore frame yesterday. I plan on a 338-06 and 6.5-284 barrel. My first question is if anyone has any experence with magnum barrels. I know the 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag are listed with many makers including Thompson. What about the shortmag's, or a 7mmSTW? 257 or 270 Weatherby? I probably know the answer to this question, but what about a 300 ultra mag. Can the Encore handle these? Second does anyone have any On Target Technologies barrels. They are made from Douglass blanks and are very reasonably priced.

Posts: 41 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 30 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two OTT barrels for my Encore one is a 500 S&W 16.25" in length and the other is a 29"-257 Wtby. Mag. and they are both great shooters. When I have my next barrel made Mike is going to be the one to make it.

I'm trying to decide on a 6mm caliber barrel in a pistol length at this time. Either a 6PPC, 6BR, 243AI, 6-284 or something else. I am going to do a little more reserch into then.

Posts: 208 | Location: Lat:32.346;Long:86.174 | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would you give me a contact number or website for OTT? Tried Google and got nowhere.
Thanks

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SIR, Thank you.

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote