New
Find
Notify
Tools

martin hagn single shots
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
is there a website with photos? where are they made? everyone raves about them but I can't find anything on the net.

Posts: 93 | Location: san antonio, texas | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're made in British Columbia, Canada (where Mr. Hagn lives) and in Germany. I don't think there is a web site. Perhaps one of the posters has more info. I've never owned one, though I wish I did. I've handled a couple, and seen a few in gun magazines, that's it. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
I agree
Hagn actions are very nice. I have hunted roebuck with one this season and with great success.

The caliber is 7X65R and it's made in Germany. Hartmann unde Weiss makes them and has faar shorter delivery time than Mr Hagn in North America. I would love to send some oictures, but I got no digital camera yet [Mad]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Martini & Hagn, Box 444, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 4H9, 250-489-2926, 250-489-4861.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin Hagn can build one for you at the #'s listed in the post above. Also, I believe that John Rigby & Sons is using the Hagn action for their "Stalking Rifles" and you can view a fine representation of the action on their website. Go to http://www.johnrigbyandco.com/pages/Stalking.html
and it shows a really nice engraved version of the Hagn. Also go to google.com and do a search for Martin Hagn action or Hagn rifle and it should give you a few hits that show his rifles. Maurice Ottmar used to build some very fine custom rifles using these.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can also get a look at a Hagn action on the D'Arcy Echols thread over at the Accurate Big Game forum. I don't care too much for what D'Arcy did to the lever portion, but the rifle is a real beauty.
http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002438

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote