New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning 1885 Low Wall
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if these rifles have ectractors or ejectors. I recently purchased one and haven't had a chance to fire it but I put an empty case in and pulled the trigger but the case didn't eject. I'm just wondering if this is right or if the gun has a problem.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First read the owners manual, and check parts drawing. In the high wall ( I assume they are the same) the extractor ( there's got to be one )pulls the case back to an adjustable ejector that will eject left or right or stop the case. If you don't have a manual browning will be glad to send you one but you have to read it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Congrats on finding a 1885. Did you get one in a deer hunting calibre? And did you get it here in Michigan? There is a gun shop in Holt that has a few for sale...

Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Hondo64d>
posted
The Low Walls have an extractor, only, not an ejector. The High Walls have a selectable extractor and/or ejector.

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Deputy450-I bought it at Cabelas in Dundee. I used my Cabela bucks earned from their Visa card and my cost was $385. They were asking $799 and came down to $725. Its a 243. Where in Grand Rapids are you? I'll be shooting skeet on a winter league in Rockford.

My question still stands. Can this be fitted with an ejector like the High Wall??

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. I have been looking for a 1885 Browning in deer calibers for you in my area but the closest I could come is a .233 at Bob's Gun and Tackle in Hastings. I fugured that I would E-mail if I ran across anything.

As far as the ejector on your gun I am at a loss. I would maybe try a post on the gunsmithing forum if you have not already.

I live on the Northwest side of Grand Rapids. Which club do you shoot at? There are several in the Northern part of Kent County.

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deputy450-Its the Rockford Gun Club.