Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 Two Piece Bases
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted
Does anybody make two piece bases for the Ruger No. 1? Ready to mount by removing the quarter rib.
Or are there too many contours in the barrels from calaiber to calaiber.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
<John Lewis>
posted
Nobody that I know of makes them, probably because of the contours.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Ruger makes two piece bases for the No1V, bull barrel Varminter. They only take Ruger rings, however! I don't think, however, you will be able to use them for anything except maybe the No1H 458 tropical, because of the fat conture.

The quarter rib is not just installed with screws, but has two Studs press fit in the barrel, that will have to be removed, leaving either a hole, or a different colored steel where they are cut off, and smoothed down.

I don't know why you want two piece bases, but I suspect it is that you don't like Ruger rings. If that is the case the quarter rib can be machined down so a Warne flat bottom Quick detachable base can be mounted flush with the top surface of the q-rib, allowing you to mount the scope father forward if that is what you want!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Mcbain>
posted
Brownells sells just this item with weaver mounts. Here is the link:

MOULDS RUGER #1 SCOPE BASES

Jesse

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted Hide Post
Thank for the link. I have no problem with Ruger rings. I read an article that said these guns were more accurate with two piece bases. That was why I was asking.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote