THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Broad Creek Rifle Works and Ruger No. 1

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broad Creek Rifle Works and Ruger No. 1
 Login/Join

<Hondo64d>
posted
I have read several times, over the years, in various magazine articles, about Broad Creek Rifle Works being able to fix the occasional accuracy problems that a Ruger No. 1 sometimes has. Has anyone here had any experience, good or bad with Broad Creek Rifle Works?

Thanks,

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

I'm new to this site but have been around shooters and 24 hour camppfire for years mainly as a lurker/information spunge but with occasional inputs on matters in which I have some experience.

I have had two number 1 Bs accruized by BCRW. In both cases -- a 280Rem and a .25-06 -- they made the rifles into reliably accurate, below-MOA, shooters. I had the .280 worked on in 1996 and the .25-06 just a few years ago. The cost for each was @$300. The work done included floating the barrel, stabilizing the hanger arm to the barrel with an adjustable set screw, installing a faster Wolf main spring, truing up the quarter rib, adjusting the trigger to 3lbs pull, and redoing the crown. All work was perfromed satisfactorily but I did notice a much longer turn-around on the second job. Mr. Ruggerio has a lot of work coming his way.

I regard the extra accurizing cost as a fairly cheap way to get custom rifle performance from an already great looking and reggedly designed hunting rifle. They are my favorites and I use them with great confidence.

I just recently acquired a SS #1 in 7mm-08 and a regular 1B in .257 Roberts. It they fail to be consistently accurate, off they will go to BCRW too.

Regards, 1B

Posts: 51 | Location: Reston VA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote