New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem M700 trigger...again
 Login/Join

<redleg155>
posted
Greetings friends - been off for some time and a good deal lost in relocation, a new daughter and patiently pursuing doublegun and shotgunning interests along with shooting the CZ 550 in 460 G&A.

I have a Rem M700 BDL in .223 Rem. Seems to shoot pretty well, but I am bitten by the ever-problematic custom gun thing again which is likely to manifest itself in a custom barrel and a stock that I will finish. Question is, with all the trigger talk some time ago, what is the best trigger to replace the original with? I've used Canjar and Timney triggers on other guns and I notice that Briley is now making an adapter to fit Anschutz target triggers to the M700 - with some fitting required of course. That's one trigger (the 2-stage target really light one) that I've got plenty of time behind.

So please, if you will, let me know you thoughts on aftermarket triggers for the M700. Before responding, please consider that I am a Mauser controlled round feed man and would only pursue varmints and targets with the M700. The gun was a gift from a family member and that makes it a keeper.

Regards - redleg

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Redleg,

My one Remington M700 rifle has a Remington trigger re-worked by Neil Jones.

http://www.neiljones.com/

Neil makes a variety of items you just need. [Wink] And he is a good guy.

I have used this trigger for over 20 years with no problems or changes in its settings.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have a couple of rifles with the Neil Jones trigger. But IMO the best aftermarket trigger is the one Arnold Jewel makes. It's pricey, but well worth it.

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got my secound Jewell in yesterday for the custom rem I just finished. As said before, they are the "jewell" of rem triggers. As soon as my slush funds recover my .223VS will have one.

Posts: 108 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
redleg,

Don't have an answer for you on the trigger, but had to ask what "affliation" you had/have with the 155's?

As a former artilleryman who loved getting steel on steel (was an FO), I couldn't pass up saying hello to a fellow redlegger!

As we used to say in the FIST...."Eyes On!"

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg155:
Greetings friends - been off for some time and a good deal lost in relocation, a new daughter and patiently pursuing doublegun and shotgunning interests along with shooting the CZ 550 in 460 G&A.

I have a Rem M700 BDL in .223 Rem. Seems to shoot pretty well, but I am bitten by the ever-problematic custom gun thing again which is likely to manifest itself in a custom barrel and a stock that I will finish. .

Regards - redleg

Redleg,

I'm thinking of rebarreling one of my small boltface M-700 to .223 AI. If your take-off barrel needs a good home, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
<redleg155>
posted
Yes - I was a "redleg" for 6 years. Artillery was a wonderful job. I was an FSO, FDO, PL twice, XO, S1 and commander. Gerat stuff and fond memories.