New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gordy Gritters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone on here used Gordy's Gunsmith Shop? If so, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Varmint Hunter's magazine has a Jamboree and shooting match each year and Gordy's name is usually listed as building more than one of the winning rifles and I've seen Steve Timm post nice things about him on other boards.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gordy is a quality guy. He is very involved in local shoots as well as the Varmint Hunters Assoc.
I was passing through Pella and stopped by his shop unannounced. Gordy dropped everything that he was doing and chatted with me for well over an hour answering all my silly questions.
There is no doubt that the next pile of cash that burns its way out of my pocket will end up in Pella IA!!!

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gordy is a standup guy.Very quality and accurate minded to boot. Had him build me a 6.5/284 Norma throated for the 140 Hornady A-Max bullet built on a blueprinted Remington 700 short action with a HS Precision stock. This rifle,if I do my part, will keep 5 shots in 3 inches or less at 600 yards all day long.Workmanship is first quality.Gordy acts as range officer at the VHA shootouts,helped start the Marion County Sportsman Club varmint shoots, and more recently helped get the Iowa 1000 yard benchrest club off the ground. Don't think you can go wrong using him for your needs.

Posts: 2 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote