Find
Notify
Tools

Sarco mauser actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted
I was wondering if anyone has ordered any of Sarco's mauser actions. I was wondering what condition they're in and what country they were from.

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With some far and few between exceptions, most of the stuff from Sarco is pretty rough...at least that has been my experience over the years.

I’ve never bought from them expecting anything really nice, so on those rare occasions when it turns out that way I am pleasantly surprised and feel like I have gotten a really good deal.

Most of their Mausers are made up from parts on hand so don’t expect something that you won’t have to put much money and work into, and certainly don’t expect something with any matching numbers.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gotta live near them on that EAST coast place(I havent a clue what the hell is east of colorado, Friggin mess???...) and go look at their crap. I was checking their sxs shotguns out . Got a lot of stuff but buying is a crap shoot, unless you can pay them a visit, possible good prices though

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a number of rifles and shotguns from Sarco. You either have to live near the store or have an inside man. The manager, now retired, of the gun shop was a buddy and selected some sweet pieces for me. Most recently, 3 double hammer shotguns, one of which was made in 1900 and was pretty close to mint. The other two were between excellent and mint. Bob

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to live about 45min from Sarco and now live about 1-1/4 hours from them... and I've previously gotten stuff from them, but though they are generally nice people I would never trust them to select a "nice" one for you...

Their idea of "nice" might not equal yours.

Added to that everyone who calls asks
for "select" pieces and if you worked there
you'd swiftly get tired enough of hearing it to start
shipping real junk to customers....

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id like to scroung through their SXS shotguns, JP sauer's

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 1917 Enfield action from them years ago and almost fell over when I opened the box. It literally could have been taken as is, barreled and dropped right into a stock and would have looked like an arsenal reconditioned rifle...it was beautiful!

I also once bought an 03 from them and almost fell over when I opened the box on that one too...but not from excitement! It looked like it had been drug behind a car all the way from NY to California.

Like others have said, it’s a crap shoot.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote