New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Optics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know who carries them? I have tried almost all the major online stores, but I am having no luck.
Also, has anyone had any experience with these scopes? I know they are a bit on the pricey side but are they worth it?

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
1.8x-10x $2,165.00

------------------

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,
USO is a small custom scope manufacturer that caters to the tactical and military markets. Dr. John Williams owns and runs the concern which is known for superb optics that are tough as the proverbial nail. The downside, in my humble opinion, is that they are heavy, ugly, and expensive. They build scopes that exceed the Leupold Mark 4 as to build specifications. They do not offer side focus because it's supposedly too fragile.

I don't think you'll find anyone stocking their product. You can find a USO cheering section at www.snipershide.com if you're interested. Be advised that Lowlight, the nice fellow who runs the place, is a USO pusher of the first order. He is a former Marine Scout Sniper and I respect his opinion. Also be advised Mike Miller is the pointman for USO and is also a pusher who I think has lost any realistic comparison of the scopes. He was recently asked to compare a Leupold Mark IV to a USO scope. He said, and I paraphrase, that "if a Leupold was a parking space, a USO was a football field." Sounded dumb to me at the time, however, he may be right. Would'nt stake the farm on it though.

Take it for what you will. I think they are good scopes, however, I would think it hard for them to live up to their copy. Will see how USO proceeds and how they weather the test of time. They seem too small and ego invested for my money at this point. I do believe, however, they may working with the Marine Corps for a Unertl 10x replacement. They're already servicing their current stock and made a limited edition replica at $2500 a unit that is sold out. Says something though I'm not sure what yet;-).

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
Here is a link to US Optice website. I believe you can purchase directly. Contact info is on the site. MM

http://www.usoptics.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info Matt, much appreciated, guess I'll do some more research before I make my decision.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hello,
I just purchased a Zeiss Conquest,4.5x14x44 side focus.The scope is assembled in the USA.Saves import duties.Very good glass.For 30.00 extra,you can select up to thirty reticles.Price is very competitive.
1geejay
http://www.shooting-hunting.com