THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Making of a Rifle ( Finished!, new pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kutenay:
I am very impressed with the rifle and thoroughly enjoy the camaraderie and REAL rifle knowledge demo'ed on this thread. I would like to have a rifle like that in .338 Win., especially if someone built a rear Talley style base, incorporating an adjustable ghost ring sight and then fitted a barrel band plus Euro post front sight, this with two sets of Burgess rings and two Leupys. It is a hell of a rifle and I am happy for you, good luck with it in all your future hunting!

Thank you. I do know Penrod can make his own ring bases. Weather or not he can do something like you want with the peep site you would have to ask him.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
ttt

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the bump, Lefty. Haven't got to shoot it yet. Social engagements had me tied up this past week end. Work will consume this next weekend so it may be "awhile"

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen-
Wouldf you be willing to post pictures of Tom's scope mounting setup on that 375 you mentioned earlier?

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

Outstanding piece of machinery!!

I have an ongoing project which has some similarities to yours, and had a question if you woudn't mind.

Is the tang re-contouring done as a purely "cosmetic" type of alteration, or is there a hidden functionality to it that I am missing? Either way, it is very slick and I love it.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackbart2:
Dennis,

Outstanding piece of machinery!!

I have an ongoing project which has some similarities to yours, and had a question if you woudn't mind.

Is the tang re-contouring done as a purely "cosmetic" type of alteration, or is there a hidden functionality to it that I am missing? Either way, it is very slick and I love it.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Thanks for the compliment. I know of no fuction for the tang profile except to look pretty and cause me to smile everytime I look at it. It's so precise in the inletting of all metal to fiberglass that when I run a finger nail over a seam between the two I cannot feel the transition.

one of us
posted Hide Post
dennis, has this beauty made it to the range yet? You can work and sleep anytime, we need a report?
I think after all your choices and thought that it could not have turned out any better.Get to the range and getrdone Big Grin

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd223:
dennis, has this beauty made it to the range yet? You can work and sleep anytime, we need a report?
I think after all your choices and thought that it could not have turned out any better.Get to the range and getrdone Big Grin

Not yet Jimmy. Conspiricies abound Cool . I had "social" engagements over the weekend and a class for work Monday & Tuesday down in Dallas. I just got home ( 03:30 CDT Wed) I work my normal shift tonight though Saturday morning. This weekend for sure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

Thanks for the follow-up on my question. I'm sure she'll be a shooter.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What stock is that??

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nortman:
What stock is that??

quote:
Originally posted by dSmith.45:
I specified the Blackburn mag box/Bottom metal, Tally detach ring/bases, and the Legend Stock.

As noted, I believe that is an Echols/McMillan Legend synthetic.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time to go to the range and turn some gunpowder into noise.

May your shots be short and your blood trails as well.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis:

Would you mind sending me a note to wmartin37@cox.net and sending me the detail, in general, price range for this work. I don't want to be intrusive, but just looking at the range. Additionally, if its not an imposition, could you itemize the work that Mark did on your rifle.

This is just the kind of working rifle that my brother and I are wanting to take to Alaska. Thanks much for your time and I appreciate the info.

Bill

one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
Holy back from the dead thread, Batman!

Bill, PM sent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
dsmith.45, PM sent.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb rifle, thanks for sharing.

Could you tell me what recoil pad you used?

Thank yo, Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to see these photos refreshed.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dSmith.45:
Holy back from the dead thread, Batman!

And this was posted in 2005...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It takes a big shovel to dig back to 2005

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote