New
Find
Notify
Tools

London guns bottom metal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had any experience with London Guns bottom metal / magazines?

Can you describe it -- fit, finish, etc. It appears to be a universal product, I'm guessing you drill / counterbore the holes for receiver screws yourself, and fabricate a mag box to your needs. By description, it must be a dropped mag box (holds 4 - 5 375 H&H rounds).

Thanks for any help.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Todd---

I used some 20 years ago......or started to. It was badly cast with galaxys of small pits, and wouldn't rust blue. I threw the whole works away and had to make new parts to fit existing inletting. I've never bought a London Guns anything since.

Maybe they've changed, but I won't gamble on it. The first time cost WAY too much money to try it again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info Jack. I'll keep your experience in mind.

Any suggestions for bottom metal for a P-14? I'm building a 500 Jeffery. I'm kind of wondering if I could just use P-17 metal with a custom wider (wide as possible) box. My goal is to get three in there, to end up with 2 + 1 in the chamber.

Thank you, as always I value your input.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Todd---

I'd give Ted Blackburn a call. I'm pretty sure he makes one. It's worth the money...if Ted makes it, it's right.