New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yugo M-48 vs BRNO VZ24
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What are the differences between these 2. I would like to buy an old Mauser and sporterize it as a project for me and my kid. Will the after market triggers by Timney for the Mauser 98FN fit on these rifles? If any one has any other sugestions or comments please feel free.

Thanks

Posts: 263 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DPM:
What are the differences between these 2. I would like to buy an old Mauser and sporterize it as a project for me and my kid. Will the after market triggers by Timney for the Mauser 98FN fit on these rifles? If any one has any other sugestions or comments please feel free.

Thanks

The V-Z 24 is the way to go [Big Grin] The M-48 is a shorter action, no cheap stocks avail. Timney triggers are great. The VZ-24 is a regular length/normal M-98 with a ton of after market stocks avail, cheap bolts & Bottom metal [Wink]
Good luck on your project!!

[ 01-16-2003, 06:48: Message edited by: tsturm ]

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
I concur on the VZ24. I have both rifles and the M48 is much rougher in machine work and how the action "feels". Plus, as an intermediate action, you are limited as to what you can cram in it.

CAL9

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a M48 one time (still have it), every Mauser since has been a 98.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I will order my Vz24 today

Posts: 263 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote