THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Cheap / easy quarter rib for A&B F-34 barrels...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap / easy quarter rib for A&B F-34 barrels...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
FYI, for those who understand the virtues of these cheap but accurate barrels -- it appears you can fit a Ruger #1B quarter rib to it with minmal work. I'm still doing a little tweaking, but once I get it looking satisfactory, I'll try to post some pics.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd

Where are you getting the Ruger quarter ribs and how much are they?

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quarter ribs are available from Brownells -- $40.40, plus 4 screws at $1.79 ea. Look in the back under 'Ruger.' I ordered the studs along with it, but now that it's here in hand, I confess that I don't know what they are for!

It appears that with slightly more work, this same rib could fit the F-44 -- I may try that next.

I stole this idea from a book "Gunsmithing: Rifles" by Patrick Sweeney; he used it to mount a scout scope on a bolt action.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd, I didn't realize they were available as a factory part.

The studs are for drilling into the barrel to take most of the recoil. Ruger installs them really tight, they are a bear to remove.

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote