Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You did a good job Jim
 Login/Join

posted
The images below show some targets that I shot today. Jim Kobe a gunsmith who is a member here did the barrel work. I wanted to post the targets to show the quality of his work. I have always been happy with the quality of Jim's work and the fast turnaround time, he got this done in two days after I dropped it off. The reamer is one that I had Dave Kiff make for me and I am very happy with it. These are two of the best groups I have shot with this rig but most have been under 0.5 MOA during load development.

They images are of five-shot groups shot at 100 yards. The best group of the three groups measures 0.283" CTC, (this was shot with the bullet just on the lands) the next group is 0.318" CTC (this was shot with the bullet 0.005'into the lands), the larger group was 0.005 off the lands. the groups are offset from center as I have it zero'ed without the brake, the brake moves the POI to where it is in the images.

The details of the build are:
- 28" 1-8" twist Brux barrel (I highly recommend Brux barrels, I have only had a slight of copper)
- Stiller Predator SA single shot action
- 6.5 x 47 Lapua PTG reamer with 0.160" freebore

load information
- Virgin Lapua brass no prep
- 130 grain Berger VLD
- 34.8 grains Varget
- CCI BR4 primer
- COAL 2.784" this is right on the lands and 2.789" 0.005" into the lands

Environmental information
- 34 degrees F
- 5-7 MPH wind from my 6
- baro pressure 30.2 inches

Overall, I am extremely happy with this tactical rig and I will use it to try out some F-class shooting this Summer.

Thanks for the time,

wade

[IMG:left]http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/wade9257/DSC_0075.jpg
[/IMG]

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wade brown:
I have always been happy with the quality of Jim's work and the fast turnaround time, he got this done in two days after I dropped it off.

You need a bailout over there Jim?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Looks like a keeper Big Grin

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those 6.5X47L shoot don't they. Hey Jim, I hope that doesn't make your rates go up before you get mine to do the stockwork.
Looks good.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe would be a real asset to the ACGG..come on guys..put on the pressure!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Is he old enough for membership? Big Grin

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, this was not expected. I am planning on applying next January but that is a ways off and I may come up with a dozen excuses by then.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is normal for one of jims rifles, but don't let him know it or it will go directly to his gonads Big Grin

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote