New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako experts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am considering building a custom rifle on a Sako action. I have some Sako 75 guns but not an 85.
Can someone tell me the difference between a Sako 75 & 85.
Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 - sorry the devil made me do it

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Sako changed the magazine system and style of stocks.

85s are nice guns, some of both guns have problem magazines.

Internally they are very similar.

I had heard that because of Sako's big recall, they decided to revamp things. They got a bad run of stainless steel and a bunch of rifles in the 75 series blew up.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
10 - sorry the devil made me do it

good one

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some changes were made to the trigger assembly also. If you want to get an 85 action only contact JB at Accuflite here in the Pittsburgh area. He bought a large number of 85 actions in all sizes. His phone # 724-733-3666

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fwiw,
Hardly an expert, however, failing to note the lack of a proper recoil lug would be a major oversight in my estimation... Granted you can surface grind bar stock and make one...

JB at Accuflite is also not exactly an unbiased source of information. Just a fwiw...

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did my 280AI on a AV action a few years ago. The results were very good. Sako Collectors Club has a website, lots of knowledgeable folks there. Also, I think you can search "Sako Actions" and find a list. It's a bit confusing. You can post a WTB ad on the club site.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might reach out to Stonecreek who posts here. He is a Sako encyclopedia.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote