New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz 527 bottom metal swap question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a cz 527 chambered in 7.62x39 in the compact rifle, I want to swap the stock to a American that was a 221 fb. question will the bottom metal awap from one stock to the other? I know the 7.62 magazine is wider and will not fit the 221/223 mag well. i'm pretty sure I made this swap on a 7.62 converted to 22ppc a few years ago, slept since then and can't remember.

Posts: 948 | Location: new mexico plains | Registered: 26 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I hope someone will chime in on the stocks

I have the trigger guard/mag box for a 7.62 and a 223. they measure the same on the outside. The metal for the box is thicker on the 223. Not sure if the 221 is different.

Posts: 6476 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
PS the 7.62x39 and 22PPC are the same base case.

Posts: 6476 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for info, I converted a 221 Fireball to 294 Ruger years ago. Change required new trigger guard, magazines and some milling work on the bottom of the receiver. PacNor or one of their subcontractors made all the changes. Still have the 221 trigger guard, magazine and barrel somewhere. This rifle was the one used to work up the 221 Fireball reloading column in Guns and Ammo magazine some time ago. Barrel had a couple hundred rounds through it and was in pristine condition. Never fired it though, as I thought the 204 Ruger was the best prairie dog medicine.

Posts: 154 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uggh... Meant 204 Ruger. Poor typing skills shouldn’t launch the 294 Ruger.

Posts: 154 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote