Find
Notify
Tools

Help with shotgun fitting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted
I just purchased a new Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I am 5'7" tall and the gun feels "okay" with my tee shirt on, but I am afraid it will be too long when I have waders and a parka on. I can order a shorter pad from Benelli, but it only reduces the LOP 3/8". Is there any other way to shorten the LOP? Anyone manufacture youth or short stocks for this gun?

How do I determine if I need to adjust the cast?

Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance if posting in the wrong place.

Reloaders Haul Brass!

Posts: 336 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a DYI, you can use this simple method for required cast: Look at an objet...say the street lamp across the steeet, whatever. Close your eyes and mount the gun. When you open your eyes, you'lll probably find you are pointing R.L. Up,. Down, etc. Try this a couple times to see if there is consistency. Then adjust a bit at a time until your are pretty consistent "on target" Good luck!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Don't shoot our the street lamps on your street though.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote