Find
Notify
Tools

research
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted
Is there any soul out there who might know who the Hell provided the black synthetic stocks for Paul Jaeger when they were owned by Dunn's . . . back in the early '90's? I have one on my Arctic .375 and it is superbly shaped. Ugly and plastic, perhaps, but beautifully shaped. It fits me, too. Now I'm no more a great fan of plastic than Ray but given the choice between a sculptural piece of fiberglass and a hog's-a$$-ugly Monet Carlo piece of cheap hardwood, I'll go glass. And since there is no way I can afford to have my .404 in decent Bastogne, like it deserves, before I go back to Moz, I'd like to find out who makes "good" looking synthetic. And don't give me any (military expletives deleted here) about the superiority of all wood to all synthetics. You should see this horror. I mean, white line spacers, red grip cap, pressed checkering . . . Ooooh! Anyway, all help will be appreciated.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about having it duplicated and tweaked here and there where you'd like by a really good stockmaker? Customstox comes to mind; he's here on the boards all over the place.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whats so special about Bastogne? There was a blank or 2 on e-bay for sale from CA.