New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning Win Mod 190
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could someone please describe a satisfactory method for cleaning the mechanism of a Win Mod 190. Thanks
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
turn the gun upside down to begin with...if you drive out the fiberglass drift pin in the side of the receiver, it doent matter, either side, it will push out easily, the trigger group will pull straight out to the bottom at the rear, then come out..you can clean it in 1 piece.. dont worry if you pull the trigger and the hammer falls, it's easily recocked... if you want to remove the bolt assy, allow it to drop down just a little and remove the operating lever (its what you use to chamber a round with), but be careful on this as the recoil spring and guide are captured in a hole in the back of the receiver... and that requires the buttstock to be removed to put the spring back in... i lost the guide pin somewhere the first time i did it, then got another from brownells...i got my m190 at age 11, 43 yrs ago...and its probably had 30k 22's run thru it... it eats anything, shorts, longs, long rifles, hp's...its been a 2" gun at 50 yds with anything, all its life... for the longest time, its diet was remington mohawks, long rifle, that i could get fot $6.90 brick..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jimatcat
Thank you very much for those very clear instructions. I feel much more confident doing the job now. Cheers.
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote