New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Custom Gunmaking Workshop
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I and two others had the pleasure of working with Steve Hughes for 6 days in his shop this July the focus was on stock design, style, hand work and general custom gun building with a bunch of bench time. I think I can speak for all of us there when I say the class was a huge success and Steve is very dedicated to teaching the custom gun trade.

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee at his bench working on a No. 1

Robert laying out a center line

Myself fitting the stock to a Winchester 1885

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plans are being formulated for 2013 Custom Gunmaking Seminars. This years student requested an advanced class that is filled and a prospective student list for a Introductory Class (not for beginners)is being compiled.

Classes will be in either June or September in Montana, cost $1500 for 5 days and will have a maximum of five students.

Another course, Understanding and Appreciating Custom Guns And Custom Gunmaking: for non-gunsmiths is being considered with a maximum of six students. Please check in at: Custom Gun Seminar If you are seriously interested.
Thanks,
Steve Hughes

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1824 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful concept. Too many ideas, techniques and knowledge dies when the most talented gunsmith artisans croak (as we all do).

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote