Find
Notify
Tools

Que muzzle brake?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Please tell me bout this brake. I know how it works (basically like the BOSS system) but for the life of me I do not know how it mounts on the rifle barrel.

Can it be removed fr storage and then remounted? I know you do not need to alter or thread the barell. Any helpl please?

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Colt Light Rifle with a Que system already installed, but it hasn't yet been shot.

I just put a scope on the rifle this weekend, and I'm planning to shoot it as soon as the weather lets up.

I found the toll-free phone number for Que, so I plan on calling them this week about the technique for adjusting the unit.

It is semi-permantly attached, by a grommet or ring that tensions it on the barrel. The plastic grommet is heated, and it shrinks to hold the "brake" onto the barrel.

It isn't actually a muzzle brake at all. There is no porting of the escaping gases. The cylinder is adjusted forwards or backwards to dampen oscillations of the barrel (as the bullet exits) to improve accuracy.

I guess you can remove the system by re-heating the grommet with a heat gun.

After I speak with them on the phone, I'll post what I find here.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote