New
Find
Notify
Tools

sendero 7mm rum rebarrel possibilities
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i am looking to buy a remington sendero for deer hunting from a stand. if i buy one in 7mm rum what can i rebarrel it to that would require no other gunsmithing than just replacing barrel and headspacing properly?

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
.404 Jeffrey

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RUSTY75:
i am looking to buy a remington sendero for deer hunting from a stand. if i buy one in 7mm rum what can i rebarrel it to that would require no other gunsmithing than just replacing barrel and headspacing properly?

You can go with the 300 Rum, 338 Rum and the 375 Rum. From there the sky is the limit if you stay with the H&H case head.

If it were my choice to make I would stay with the 7 MM for deer and praire goats. I've taken very many Muleys and Antalope with my 7 STW. it hits like the hammer of Thor. On deer size game the 7 MM Rum would be ideal and longer point blank range than the STW. Even on Elk with the right premium heavy bullets it would kick ass..

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And then I just re-barreled a 338 RUM to 257 Weatherby. Feeds fine with the RUM mag box and no changes.

From my experiences, the push feed is just not very particular about its feeding. Not nearly as sensitive as a CRF Winny. I suspect that you could re-barrel to any of the belted mags as well as the RUMs with minimum fuss.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote